The Saginaw Township Police Officers Association will be awarding a $1,000 Law Enforcement Scholarship in the spring of 2017. The scholarship will be awarded to a student who is pursuing a career in the field of Criminal Justice.
Applicants MUST be in the 12th grade AND preparing to graduate from a Saginaw Township High School.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Show a positive attitude throughout the school year.
- Maintain a 2.75 grade point average or better.
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrates good citizenship/leadership as a role model.
- Involvement in his/her community.
Applicants also must submit the following items when applying for the scholarship:
- Completed scholarship application.
- Current high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a current teacher or counselor, and one from a non-family member.
- A one page typed essay entitled "Why am I interested in Criminal Justice".
The essay must answer the following questions:
- What made you decide that Criminal Justice was the career path for you?
- What are your future goals and how do you plan to carry them out?
- What personal traits or characteristics do you possess that will assist you in your quest to obtain employment in the Criminal Justice field?
Applications will be available mid February and may be picked up either at your school or the Saginaw Township Police Department. The winners will be decided by a scholarship committee and will be announced in May. The scholarships will be presented to the winners upon the successful completion of the above requirements. A check from STPOA will be made out to the college or university of his/her choice.
For further information, see your guidance counselor or call the Saginaw Township Police Department, Investigations Division at 791-7226.
SAGINAW TOWNSHIP POLICE OFFICER'S ASSOCIATION
Saginaw, Mi., 48603